Course Title: CACFP Annual Training for Homes
Course Description: CACFP Annual Sponsor Training is a 3 hour comprehensive online course designed to provide annual required training for providers participating in the CACFP.
- Lesson 1 – What is the CACFP?
- Lesson 2 – CACFP Meal Components and Patterns
- Lesson 3 – Menus, Special Dietary Needs, and Food Safety
- Lesson 4 – Civil Rights
- Program 5 – CACFP Annual Training for Day Care Home Providers
Support: This course is self-paced, not instructor led.
Requirements: Access to the Internet and a valid email address.
Format: This course requires no face-to-face classroom instruction. Lessons will be available via the course web site. You will complete the course lessons whenever it is most convenient for you. You may work on lessons at any time of the day or night on any day of the week. This course is estimated to take 3 hours to complete. The course web site will track the completion of each lesson and assignment. You will be able to exit the course without completing it and pick up where you left off at any time.
- Recall the three CACFP performance standards
- Recognize eligible participants in the CACFP
- Identify the programs that are eligible to participate in the CACFP
- Identify the steps necessary to remain in compliance with CACFP regulations regarding training, claims submission and program oversight
- Recognize the standard meal pattern requirements for the CACFP
- Identify the minimum quantities of the required food components by age group
- Understand the menu requirements in the CACFP
- Identify how to adapt menus for Special Dietary Requirements
- Recall the most important principles of Food Safety
- The meaning of civil rights
- Who is required to have civil rights training
- Why civil rights are important
- What your civil rights responsibilities are
Means of developing competencies:
- Online presentations with voice narration and interactivity
- Online resources available through internet links
- Downloadable resources
Course completion requirements:
In order to complete this course successfully, you must complete all of the course assignments and score an 80% or higher on all quizzes.